Shortly before lunch, Alyssa, brenda and I visited the village behind the hospital to distribute the last of the little dresses. One Haitian lady took it upon herself to direct us to the houses with little girls. It was a bit overwhelming at first to have her run up behind me grab my arm firmly and pull me in the direction she wanted me to go. We worked out a system that was a bit more agreeable. Two young girls gave their dresses to one of the boys and they tried to get me to give them another one. I kept telling them no, I had already given them one. When I brought out the camera for a photo, they called the boy over - they wanted in the photo!
Before supper we hiked down the side of the mountain to a river bed. We then followed it to the road and hiked back up to the hospital. I saw a couple a of girls with the dresses! ! I was so excited.





No comments:
Post a Comment