Friday, March 15, 2013

Wednesday and Thursday

Wednesday was a slow day for me. I headed off to devotions in the morning and coming back, I felt like my legs were lead and I was completely winded. I felt tired on Tuesday, but nothing like this. Back to bed I went, sleeping soundly until lunch. After lunch, I went up to the house to work a bit, but didn't last long - back to bed and I slept a few more hours. I don't know if I had a bit of a bug or if I was just plain wore out, but I slept through the night and felt much better on Thursday.

Dr. M had the service Wed night. He spoke about Numbers 14 and the Israelites wanting to turn back to Egypt and not trusting God to deliver the promised land - fearing the giants instead. He used the example of watching a rerun of a soccer match. If team A won the game, what were thechances of Team A loosing during the rerun of the match? None. If God promises something, what is the chance of failure? None. Why do we fear? Why do we doubt?

 He then related that to the project here.  When the founding doctor wanted to purchase this land, the owners woukd not sell. The person assisting the doctor commented that it was too bad, because he wanted to build a hospital here, When the owners heard that they changed their minds. When asked why, they said that their great great  grandfather had said that something greatwould happen on this land. So, God has blessed this project and it cannot fail. Maybe it will not be us that is here, but it will succeed. This message meant a lot to the missionaries here. He also talked a lot about fear and turning that over to God.

On Thursday morning, Rudy was taken to Cayes to drive back a front end loader to do some work around the hospital. It was  NOT an enjoyable trip.  It is a two hour bumpy rideinthe Toyota,  and twice as long and more body jarring in the machine. Rudy felt even worse for Toto who road along for directions and to speak the language if there were problems,. They did have a loose wheel 15 minutes into the journey. Totocalled back to Tim Reindhart and he sent someone out with a wrench. No other problems, but they both looked weary when they pulled in.

Thursday afternoon I had a bit of my own excitement. Amber Pfister, Alyssa Knobloch, Gracie , Conrad and I headed out on a path to deliver some shoes and dresses.  It was a beautiful walk and it was such a touching experience.
This is the daughter of one of the workers at the hospital. She is unable to walk. .


We passed out shoes and dresses here.



Holding up their new dresses



Ornery Boys


Color doesn't matter

She was so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment