Last night, Dennis Rassi left us with this message from the pulpit...there may be pain, disappointment discouraging moments etc., but with Christ in our heart and life, it WILL be a good year.
Sunday was a good day. I sat with Kim and busy little Ayana in morning church. She even crawled up in my lap for a short moment of time. Diane (Jarrett) and her girls were on the other side of me and the Tieche family behind me...didn't seem so far from home after all :-)
During the months of January, February and March, the visitors sign up to serve lunch in Sarasota. One couple from Sarasota is the host family and then they like to have three families sign up for each Sunday. When I went back to see if they needed table waiters for the day, Nancy asked if we were going to be around next Sunday and if we would want to help serve lunch (only one couple had signed up). Sure! Plus, Aaron and Kim are the host family so that works out well! So I will do a little baking, Kathy Stoller will run to Sam's Club and we will be set!
Sunday evening we visited with Lorris and Lottie Stisser (very spry octogenarians) from Illinois and Bill and Lauretta Clark. Yesterday, was in the mid 70s. I worked on cleaning some of the kitchen cupboards, we ran some errands and then Rudy shuffled and I rode bike and went to the pool - felt sooo good! In the evening, Joanne Widmer had a group in for supper and then we went to church; can't say we stayed up until midnight.
I am hoping to add some pictures soon. We will see how that goes....
No comments:
Post a Comment