Lots has been happening down here (relatively speaking :-)!
Saturday, we had the doubles tournament at the shuffle court. I had not signed up and did NOT want to participate. I like to shuffle, but I didn't want someone to be counting on me to be able to concentrate for more than one game. Anyway, they needed a person to finish out a team, so I said that I would play. Poor Rudy...I was a bit grumpy about it. After all, aren't we here in Florida to relax and not to feel pressured into something like shuffling? Well, I had a wonderful partner, Earl Hjtle, who has a quiet gentle nature (and he is also a good shuffler). I found that I was enjoying myself, even though I played badly the first game. We scraped by, and continued on until we were in the final match! We ended up runner-up! Regardless of how the matches went, I did really have a good time and was once again reminded of how much I enjoy the people who come out to shuffle.
Sunday night, we were invited to Aaron and Kim's to help celebrate Ayana's third birthday. Aaron's parents, brother (Adam) and cousin and husband (Sue Ellen and Virgil) were there. The girls were wound up and China couldn't wait to open "their" presents. When reminded that the presents were for Ayana, she informed us very matter of fact that Ayana "wants to share". While opening, when China was asked to slow down a bit, Ayana would stop, look at her parents squarely and announce "I want to share". It really was comical. We had a great evening.
Monday, I felt a bit under the weather. I was coughing and wheezing and was exhausted quite easily. Drank a lot of juice, took my vitamins, slurped on cough drops, slept and lounged in the sun (about 75). I still have a hint of a tickle, but feeling better.
Tuesday, Rudy had an appointment with a vascular specialist for the trouble he has been having with his varicose veins in his left leg. Problems started mid December and we weren't able to get to a specialist before we headed south. I had asked Kim if she could recommend someone, and she had a couple right off the bat that she could recommend - doctors she had worked with. Anyway, we both really liked Dr. Showalter. They did an ultrasound of the whole leg to make sure there weren't any hidden blood clots in the deep veins (he has superficial thrombophlebitis - the ultrasound showed that this wasn't the first time). He reinforced what we had heard before from primary doctor - not life threatening, but needs to be taken care of. Unfortunately, until things settle down (about 6 months), they cannot remove the veins. So, for now it is a compression stocking and advil for any discomfort. He was not concerned about us traveling (thankfully).
Today, we headed up to the Red Barn fleamarket in Bradenton with Carol and Everett. Didn't spend a lot of time there, but we each (carol and I) found what we were looking for. It was a nice change of pace.



No comments:
Post a Comment