Thursday, January 9, 2014

As the wind blows...

We have had a good start to our week.  Sunday was a beautiful 80 degrees.  We went for a bike ride after church.  On Monday, we headed out on our bikes again.  Rudy turned back so that he could be in time for the afternoon shuffle. 

It was such a pleasant day that I pressed on; I knew the weather was going to change, so I wanted to enjoy the sunshine while I could.  Little did I know that it was going to change while I was riding!

I had stopped to take pictures of the gopher tortoises along the route and all of sudden it went from being warm and sunny to cold - like instantly dropped 20 degrees!  It was NOT a pleasant ride home.  Usually, we cruise along at 10-13 mph.  I was struggling to manage 8, and it was cold and windy (yes, I realize that all things are relative - here is a Floridian telling Ohioans about cold and windy :-)

We did have a some cold weather 30 - 50 degrees, but looks like things are warming up again.



 
Tuesday, we went to world relief sewing.  It was fun to see spend time with everyone.  We also had a visitor - a homeless girl came in off the street.  She sat around the quilting table with us, we sang some songs (at her request), she ate, and slept on the floor.  She shared where she had been, and Bob Indermuhle did some calling around to find out what resources were available in the area.  In talking to her, it was evident to each of us that she needed some professional help.  Unfortunately, she didn't seem quite ready for that; she left with some food, some money and her pack of things.  We would appreciate it if you would lift this young lady up in prayer.  Her name is Deanna.

1 comment:

  1. Love the Turtle pictures!! Praying for Deanna! We love reading your blog keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete