Rudy and I have continued to enjoy helping out with the great grandkids. In the last couple weeks we have enjoyed special time with Gabriel, Ava, Jonah, Payton, Kendall, Hudson and Tucker. Hudson and Tucker stayed with us for an afternoon. They played in the house and then we took a trip in the woods looking for deer. Eric and Matt joined us for supper. Sure enjoyed the day! Don't get to spend nearly enough time with these young men.
Ava teases her grandpa-great something terrible. With her constant messedup hairand dirty face, she holds a special placein his heart (of course, they al do). She is a master at ignoring him when he tries to talk to her...not even a blink...should mention she was watching Strawberry Shotcake at the time. I don'tknow how many times I have heard him repeat that story with achuckle.
We had the honor ofkeeping Jonah overnight. For a night, it isfun! When I picked him up, even Andrea was excited at the prospect of a night of uninterupted sleep. All things considered it went well..a little roughbetween midnight and 2.
Payton and Kendall came over last Friday night. Kendall is such a little peanut! I was so fun to have Payton again. She hasn't stayed since the addition of her little sister. She fussed for her mom a bit, but then grandpa made popcorn. That dried the tears.
Lynne arranged for Patti to take our family picture. Oh, it was fun! It was a beautiful fall day and all were ina good mood. It canbe can be such a joy to be together. It's reminder of how much to be thankful for. Life can be rough at times, but I have these wonderful people in my life! Seriously, whatdo people do that don't havethe support of others who love them? And it is important to remember this lesson. Ee are called repeatedly to care for the orphans and widows - those who are alone.
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction... James 1:27
No comments:
Post a Comment